Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ya you're Hip, NOT !!!


I suppose a woman my age shouldn't be "hip". I don't even want to use the word "hip", I prefer savvy, connected, plugged in, hooked up, ttc and lol. I had thought I was keeping up with the trends fairly well. Recently, my kids have set me straight. I'm not cool. Where and when did I lose touch?


Even though I've been a mom for what seems like forever, I felt that I kept up with the cutting edge of technology, I had used many of the latest computer programs and had the tech gadgets. I still have digital cameras, blackberry and flip phones, ipods and computers and I manage them with relatively efficiency. However, with the onset of social networking I now feel inadequate. I must have hundreds of contacts, friends and followers to be successful. I should blog about relevant topics and do it weekly. How can this old girl keep up? So much to learn, already behind. I have to get my kids to answer some of my questions now, explain some shortcuts and how to use some perks. OMG !
We all have heard the latest chatter about Twitter, Facebook and other social media that has taken networking to the next level. I want to be a part of it. I have set myself up on these sites, I have begun to use them with sporadic regularity. They can certainly be described as cyberspace networking, chatting and messaging from the safety of a keyboard. Niceties exchanged between folks we used to know along with our best buddies. So far it's been fun and nice to stay in touch with so many past and present friends and collegues, it's like having a little window into their lives.
These networking sites offer a forum to share knowledge, wisdom and experiences with a captive audience. The next step will be to effectively share business needs and wants without crossing the line between personal and professional. I am full of information, statistics and products to share and will welcome any response that comes my way. Look out social media here I come !

No comments:

Post a Comment